What can I expect from mentors?
What exactly you can expect during a mentorship highly depends on your mentor and is usually designated on their "program card" on their profile.
What you can and should expect from any mentor:
- Availability as needed for questions, advice, and guidance.
- Guidance on working towards your personal goal.
- Flexibility when it comes to goal changes, help requests, and organization.
- Actionable coaching, such as help with job interviews, CV checks, and career guidance.
- A stable point of contact. Whatever might happen in your career - your mentor is there for you.
What many mentors offer as well (visible on their profile):
- 1-on-1 video call sessions
- Review of your work and actionable advice based on it
- Specific coding challenges & to-dos
- Fast reply times (expectation of under 24h)
What you can't expect from our mentors:
- Going in-depth in your code, developing new features, or spending hours on debugging. They are guides, not freelancers and usually guide you for a price way below their usual rates.
- A pre-structured curriculum. Mentors will help you personally, not give you lectures that you could also find online. They are happy to point you toward the right resources though.
- Around-the-clock support. Mentors are there for you in their down- and free time. They might have busy schedules sometimes too and might now always be able to respond in the span of a few minutes.
- Instant replies. Our mentorships are designed to be long-term (most mentorships are longer than 30 days). Don't panic if your mentor doesn't reply for a few hours, they have full-time jobs and might be busy - just be sure that you are still a priority (and get in touch if you feel neglected).